Monday, January 19, 2009

Eating Crow...Or Is It Cardinal


I've doubted them for the entire playoffs. I didn't think they could beat the Falcons. And certainly not the Panthers. And I thought the Eagles were the better team. I thought that Kurt Warner was too old. They couldn't run the ball. Their defense was suspect. But I was wrong. Everything I thought about the Arizona Cardinals was wrong. These guys are good. They're not great (except Larry Fitzgerald), but they're good.


Kurt Warner was a very effecient 21/28 and threw 4 touchdown passes. Not bad for an old guy. And Larry Fitzgerald showed that he is impossible to cover and without doubt the best receiver in the NFL. Edgerrin James and Tim Hightower split 27 carries and teamed up for 106 yards combined. Pretty good numbers for a team that was last in the NFL in rushing during the regular season. And don't forget they played a pretty good Philadelphia defense yesterday. Speaking of defense, the Cardinals, although they did allow 454 total yards, had 3 take-aways and safety Adrian Wilson, who had 7 tackles and 2 sacks, is proving to be one of the best defensive players in the league.


So there, I admit it, I've doubted these guys all playoffs, more like all year, actually my entire life. The Cardinals have never been good, until now. This is a good football team that deserves to go to the Super Bowl, they've earned it. And they'll lose to the Steelers.

No comments: